WHALE WATCHING CRUISES PERTH
Book online whale watching tours from Hillarys Boat Harbour, Perth WA starting date 26th in the month of August 2016.
Mills Charters have been operating whalewatchingperth.com cruises for many years and pride ourselves on offering an amazing personal experience on the water with these magnificent Indian Ocean mammals. If you are considering booking a whale watch Perth cruise with anyone else, we urge you to consider the following. Is:
* the tour 3-4 hours in duration- if not, it simply isn’t long enough to find whales and have a experience to remember.
* the whale watching boat big, safe and suitable – does it have a large open viewing platform to see the whales?
* the crew experienced and able to offer knowledge and experience gained from many years of working with whales?
* there a guarantee to see whales – do they offer a free trip if there are no whale sightings?
* there a hydrophone on board to actually hear the whales or will they just play a recording of the whales?
Mills Charters can proudly say YES to all and more of the above.
We have made Whale Watching near Perth part of our core business and strive to give everyone a trip to remember, an experience with the whales that is impressive and one they will remember and appreciate for years to come.
‘My family and I joined you today for the whale watching and we just wanted to say thank you for a wonderful experience. My children were speechless, a very rare occurrence and totally in awe of the whales. Your staff were brilliant and extremely knowledgeable. I will definitely be recommending your charter to all my friends and will be back next season. Thanks again.‘
Why Mills Charters Whale Watching Tours Perth
- Perth’s No.1 Whale Watching Cruises
- Mills Charters Whale Watching Cruises are world renowned as listed in the Lonely Planet Guide.
- We offer a 3-4 hour guaranteed trip giving you ample time to enjoy the show the whales put on!
- If we don’t see whales, you get another trip FREE!*
- Large 75ft vessel with huge open deck area, spacious bow area and overhead sun and rain cover, allowing passengers the best possible viewing platform.
- You will practically be at water level to see the whales in action as they appear very close to the vessel!
- You will hear the whales too as they communicate with each other right before your eyes with our under water hydrophone.
- Dedicated team of experienced Crew, with informative fact sheets.
*If we do not sight whales on your tour, we extend the guarantee to join us on another tour in the same season at no extra charge. If your tour is in November or December you are able to book the free trip the following season, however if you cannot utilise the free trip offer you cannot transfer to other person(s).
This offer is strictly not transferable to another person(s) and no refunds apply if you cannot go on another tour.
Book Whale Watching Perth Online Now! or PHONE 08 9246 5334
Some interesting Whale Tales you may be interested to know…
- Whales are as big as a moving van and weigh as much as 8 elephants
- Whales lived on land 45 million years ago and had 4 legs
- Whales are mammals, not fish. They breathe air, and their tail moves up and down. (Fish breathe water and their tails move side to side)
- A whale can eat 4000 pounds of plankton and krill a day, but can go 8 months without eating
- At birth, a baby whale is 12-16 ft long, weighing almost 2 tons
- We are located only 20 minutes from Perth City (closer than Fremantle).
- On-board male and female toilets.
- Bring something warm to wear.
- Bring seasickness tablets – we cannot provide these for you.
- Whale watching boat tours depart from Hillarys Boat Harbour at the jetty in front of the Aquarium of Western Australia – AQWA.
- Office and meeting point located next to the departure jetty.
- Office opens half an hour prior to departure time for check in.
- Food and drinks available at the office and on the vessel.
Join us for a Whale Watching Eco-Adventure aboard one of the Mills Charters boats.
There are generally three (3) types of baleen whales seen off the coast of Western Australia.
The Humpback Whale (so named because it arches its back as it prepares to dive so creating the shape of a hump)
The Southern Right Whale (so named because in the old days of whaling, whalers considered this whale the right one to hunt as it swam very slowly and was therefore easy to catch and because its body was so rich in oil, it floated on the surface after it had been killed)
The Blue Whale which is coloured a steely grey on the surface but when seen from below is a beautiful turquoise blue. It is the largest of the Whales, reaching up to 100 feet in length and 130 tonnes in weight. The blue whale is the loudest animal on Earth! This endangered mammal is also the largest animal that ever lived on Earth; it is larger than any of the giant dinosaurs were.
Departures DAILY at 9:00 am during the season, and WEEKEND afternoons from 1:30pm where required. Because it is a migration (north to south), the season can only start and continue while the whales are here (usually late August thru early December – it all depends on the whales!).
Book Online Now! or CALL 08 9246 5334